I'm a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at
Stony Brook University. I'm a member of the File Systems and Storage Lab
(FSL) and affiliated with the Institute
for AI-Driven Discovery and Innovtion. My primary research interests include file systems and storage (obviously ^^),
caching and performance, operating systems, and systems security. I am particularly drawn to the rapidly evolving field of
study aimed at optimizing systems using artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning and deep learning. The
main focus of my current work is the design and evaluation of heterogeneous multi-tier data-storage systems.
If you see me around, ask me about my research, hobbies, or just say hello and blankly stare. I'm always looking for
new opportunities and collaborations. :)
- Ph.D. in Computer Science - SUNY Stony Brook University, NY. (2016-Current)
- B.S. in Software Technology - SUNY Farmingdale, NY.
- A.S. in Business Administration - SUNY Suffolk, NY.
- Research Assistant: File Systems and Storage Lab, Stony Brook University, NY. (May 2018-Current)
- High Performance Computing Assistant: Institute for Advanced Computational Science, Stony Brook University, NY. (Aug 2017-May 2018)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: CSE 506 Operating Systems, Professor Erez Zadok, Stony Brook University, NY. (Spring 2019)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: CSE 564 Visualization, Professor Klaus Mueller, Stony Brook University, NY. (Fall 2018)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: XSEDE HPC Workshop: Big Data, Stony Brook University, NY. (February 2018)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: CSE 219 Computer Science III, Professor Richard McKenna, Stony Brook University, NY. (Summer 2017)
- Distribution Fitting and Performance Modeling for Storage Traces
Muhammad Wajahat, Aditya Yele, Tyler Estro, Anshul Gandhi, and Erez Zadok
27th IEEE International Symposium on the Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS '19), October 2019, Rennes, France
- ICE: Interactive Configuration Explorer for High Dimensional Categorical Parameter Spaces
Anjul Tyagi, Zhen Cao, Tyler Estro, Klaus Mueller, and Erez Zadok
IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST '19), October 2019, Vancouver, Canada
- Graphs Are Not Enough: Using Interactive Visual Analytics in Storage Research
Zhen Cao, Tyler Estro, Geoff Kuenning, Klaus Mueller, Anjul Tyagi, and Erez Zadok
11th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage (HotStorage '19), July 2019, Renton, WA
- Towards Better Understanding of Black-box Auto-Tuning: A Comparative Analysis for Storage Systems
Zhen Cao, Tyler Estro, Vasily Tarasov, Sachin Tiwari, Erez Zadok
2018 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC'18), July 2018, Boston, MA
- RISC64IM CPU Core: Implementation of a fully functional processor core for the RISC64IM ISA in System Verilog. Included a 5-stage data path, set-associative L1 and L2 caches with write-back and LRU replacement policies, victim caching, translation lookaside buffers, and dynamic branch prediction.
- Per-process system calls: Independently developed a Linux kernel-based module that enabled each process to have their own system call vector. Supported dynamically uploading new system calls and vector assignment via command line ioctl input.
- TRFS: A stackable Linux file system based off the “wrapfs” file system used to trace file system activity, featuring record checksum validation and incremental ioctl support.
- Designed logic programming problems for the ICLP 2016 LP/CP Programming Contest (Teaching Brackets and Subway Tickets). [ICLP 2016]
- First Place in the "Battle of the Brains" Programming Competition, SUNY Suffolk, NY. (2012)
- Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholarship (CSEMS), SUNY Suffolk, NY. (2012)