I am a Master's student in Computer Science at Stony Brook University. I am doing my advanced project under the guidance of Prof. Erez Zadok in File Systems and Storage Lab.
- Designed and implemented an Indexing/Searching mechanism for the files within point-in-time snapshots to allow searching them without the need to mount the snapshots every time. This project reduces the time spent by the users in searching a file across a range of snapshots.
- Designed test framework for the projects Clone – throttling (Backpressure), MCC and Vserver-DR for volume clone replication and automated the same.
- Developed a stress suite for Storage Efficiency QA which has been also used as a pre-checkin suite to catch bugs early in the cycle.
- Worked in functional testing and testcase automation for various clone features and its dependencies with other features of the file system (wafliron, cp, compression, deduplication, etc.).
- Developed a tool “md5sum2” that can calculate checksum for streams within files, and also for particular ranges within files. Also enabled multithreading which resulted in 20X improvements in multiprocessor machines when compared to the normal md5sum tool.
- Developed a tool “mkstream” to create files with many streams
Implemented C kernel libraries for virtual memory management, process management, Schedulers, Interrup handlers and associated system calls. Kernel Programming (using C)
This project involves modification of the congestion control algorithm of TCP in Linux kernel to work well with SPDY to improve its performance under high packet loss C
Developed an energy efficient autoscaling policy for datacenter workloads with different SLAs running together in Heterogeneous clusters. C
Implemented various image editing features to explore CUDA programming environment in GPGPU. C++